Friday 4 March 2011

The Found Sound Orchestra!

Digging through old internet favourites as one does, when I came across the now-abandoned team9 website. These guys thoroughly fulfilled my bootleg and remix fetish throughout most of my late teens - click on Read More for a couple of samples.

Aaanyhow, I heard about 'The Found Sound Orchestra' through team9, who are firm advocates of this excellent lil' outfit.



TFSO are true sonic scavengers, taking samples from absolutely bloody anywhere and then meticulously crafting them into entirely new and imaginative compositions.

I think I like them because their songs sound great and (in my very sporadic spare time) i suppose that i'm trying to do something similar. However the main difference is that their work rate is through the roof! Especially as I have only just found out about their most recent 2011 project - 52 Weeks, where they are creating a new tune every week!

Check these guys out and give them some well-deserved support. I must confess that I haven't listened to any of their new songs yet but you can bet your Nan's nipples that I'll be raving about any good ones!

As they modestly say "Hopefully by the end of the year those that have stuck with it will have enough decent songs to make a nice 10 or 12 track album."






No comments:

Post a Comment